Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Getting knighted Mr Ravana!!!


I never understood the meaning of my friends quote "I gotto work this weekend”. Since I use to look at him with big question mark on my face, and then he used to say "Your number will come soon dude". And my day came today, today is holiday but I went to office for jus 3 hrs to check in few files. That three hour made me realize why my friend was so lifeless while telling me that he has to work on weekend. To start with as soon as I entered office my throat went dry and eyes popped due to the shock of seeing jus one or two people. When I started working even my P4 512 MB ram configured PC seemed to me slower than my school days P1 machine. Well I am kind of guy who loves to work during office hours but gets mild fever if I have to stay late after 7 pm on working days. Weekends are always meant to have fun, no work. Finally to my rescue on my teammate also walked inside the premises. I felt a great sense of relief and asked him so what’s up. He told me that today he is going to see “Ravana” effigy burned as today is Dussehra.
My heart sank to abysmal depth hearing these and trains of thought once again started running. I started thinking things like why we have to really burn Ravana after all he was not all that bad. I don’t hate the character called Ravana ‘coz without him there is no Ramayana. And now it makes me wonder about myself that how evil am I? I admire Hitler for his orating power though loath his deeds and actions. I read “Mein Kempf” and didn’t get bored of it. But I believe that history makes heroes of only those who win war. You loose the war and you are the villain. You must be saying what bullshit, well then I must say it really makes sense since history is written for winners or by winners only, and these winners are portrayed as heroes, looser are bound to become the bad people. Well to prove the double standard followed by soulless people here is a question “Why is that people show reverence to Gandhi and on the other hand worship Ram ‘coz on one side Gandhi refused to use weapons against Britain and Ram fought the war against Ravana” Contradiction isn’t it. But then Ayn Rand quoted something like Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
I don’t know which premises is wrong the Gandhi or the Ram but I think it’s depends from person to person.

Anyways what I am trying to say here is that why do we really have to hate the villain or bad guy. In personal terms I don’t care about heroes or villain or neither have I looked for any examples to lead my life!! I think my instinct and soul is good enough to guide me. But generally speaking I think people should think about the good things of both heroes and villains since chances are we will also loose some kind fight/struggle some time and we will the villains.
Aha huh too rude huh!!!! Imagine if Ravana would have won the war.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that was good, seems u utilized u'r extra working hours for the this article.
carry on!!!
cheers