Friday, November 18, 2005

Exhilaration of Running!!



I ran for some 7 kms today at gym, and I am totally exhausted yet the feeling is fresh. Why did I run this hard? Well I was not keeping well for last four days or so. so I said enough is enough I need to get out and do some exercise!! I have no words to describe the feeling I get after running a few good kms on treadmill or maybe after playing football or something else which involves running!!! I read one article sometime back with a title of "Joy of Running"
It made me think that I do experience a lot of other sensations, from mild discomfort to extreme agony, but joy? No way. In fact, the only time I really feel good is when I stop running. Hence the joy is of NOT running not feeling the pain. From the bottoms of my aching feet to the crown of my throbbing head, with in-between stops at my agonizing ankles, excruciating knees and burning lungs, running is one of the most complete pain experiences known to me 'coz thats the way I run. Of course, you could say the same about hitting myself over my head with a wooden mallet. That too would feel good when one stops.hahahaha In principle that is true, as both involve the end of pain, but the pain of hitting my head with a mallet cannot be compared with the pain of running. The former involves only localized discomfort, while the latter transmits pain throughout your entire body and comfort to my soul.
When I run too fast for too long I start concentrating on other things jus to deviate myself from the feeling of exhaustion I get while running.And most of the time I plan my day thinking of song or any recent events. Most of my days work get planned over tread mill. So I get more pain than I gain but yet I continue to run!!! And somehow I love running. Why? you ask. Good question. I’m not really sure myself, but I know that when I don’t I get these nagging feelings caused by long painful run I somehow miss something in my life!! or maybe the gain which I get is invaluable to me.Also running is good for health and blah blah blah. Kill me now coz bottom line is I have oxymoronic view around running

2 comments:

Susu said...

Once again, nice picture!!
Running is great, especially with your headphones on, you just tend to get those few extra miles into your records:)

Me kinda away from any physical activities for quite a while now, close to a week, must get back to business, highly inspiired by you.. thanks:)

Rajesh said...

@susu: yeah running is something which i can't live without..do u remember the heat of quadrangle and still the footer game went on and on...it was jus awesome..